LOCATION: 314 Sand Bar Ferry Rd. Augusta, GA 30901
Everfaithful Missionary Baptist Church was organized in 1969 at the home of Deacon Jimmy Neal. The founders at that time were: Deacon Jimmy Neal, Evangelist (Elder) Lula Brown, Sister Catherine Jackson, Mother Murray Lively, Sister Beulah Striggles, Sister Lena Milton, Sister Easter Hobbs, Deacon George Boyd, Deacon Fred Benefield, and Deacon James Williams.
Rev. Lee Wallace was living in Atlanta and he came down to meet with the group. He suggested the name Everfaithful Missionary Baptist Church and they agreed. The first location of the church was 925 Gwinett Street, which is now Laney Walker Boulevard. The church was there for two years and later in April 1972 moved to 1944 Old Savannah Rd. The church had a thirty day revival and souls were added to the church.
In May 1974, there was another move to 1006 7th Avenue. In June 1976 Pastor Wallace resigned as Pastor of the Baptist church to be the Pastor of Praise Deliverance in which he founded in Wrens, Georgia. Everfaithful was left without a Pastor for ninety days.
In October 1975, Rev. Rosa Williams was asked to be Acting Pastor and she accepted the position from October 1975 to October 1976. She was publicly installed by the late Rev. Essie McIntyre in January of 1977. The church membership grew. The Lord blessed mightily under her leadership. The church was paid off and land was purchased at 314 Sand Bar Ferry Road. In June 1998, Everfaithful moved to our current location 314 Sand Bar Ferry Road.
In 2004, the Oak Street property was purchased. We have worshipped in the Yosef Building until Phase II was completed in December 2015. We have truly come this far by faith. To God Be The Glory!